What better way to start blogging on my new website and domain …. I am honoured to have been nominated for a “Liebster Award” by the amazing and gorgeous Raylene over at Ariel’s World. I hadn’t seen Liebster Award posts on other blogs before and have enjoyed being involved and learning more about other bloggers. I do love blogging and like other bloggers struggle to consistently blog with what I hope is fresh and interesting material … but with the rules below I hope you agree that it is a good way to get back into it and share the blogging love!
Each nominee has to follow 6 simple rules:
- Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the Liebster Award on your blog
- Answer 11 questions that the blogger gives you
- Give 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 11 blogs that you think are deserving of the award, that have less than 200 followers
- Let those bloggers know you’ve nominated them
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
So here goes …
My first post on the new website and domain and my set of questions from Raylene with my answers:
1. What is your current favourite blog to read?
I have two blogs that I follow consistently – Ariel’s World and Rebecca Low Designs – The Handmade Wedding then I’m a bit of a blog jumper looking about for latest beauty product info, makeup trends, and wedding fashion trends.
2. What music is playing on your device right now?
Jessie J – Alive album and Guy Sebastian – Madness album – I love music that has good lyrics with a bit of heart felt meaning that you can belt it out to.
3. Sweet or Savoury?
Oh god definitely sweet … ALL the way!!
4. What is your favourite movie of all time?
Well I have two – Pretty Woman and Breakfast at Tiffany’s
5. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
Definitely a morning person … on the weekends this is very unfortunate as I’m still wide awake around 5:30am AND I DON’T WANT TO BE!!! 😦
6. What is a favourite saying of yours?
I have 2:
Everything is temporary – this is something my dad always says and its so very true its now become mine
There is no such thing as can’t – this is something my mum always used to say to me when I was little and I always thought it was stupid as the word can’t does exist but now I like to think of it along the lines of “anything is possible”
7. Do you have a creed to live by?
I always get what I want without detriment to others
Now I feel I have to explain myself and I’m aware as to how that initially might sound. So in other words I always work hard to get what I want, I form strong relationships with people so that people want to work with me to achieve my goals. But at no time is it in a nasty way and not by pushing and shoving others out of the way. I despise conflict, arguments and anger and so work very hard to avoid any of these.
8. If you were to describe yourself in 4 words what would they be?
9. What is your favourite way to exercise?
Long walks taking in the scenery and people wherever I am.
10. What is your favourite genre of book/magazine?
Ah now this is a hard one I have many favourites …
– a good deep novel with excellent character depiction, real life history and a solid heart felt story
– a good common-sense how to book for either business or personal achievement
– Fashion and beauty all the way
– The Collective – my favourite magazine – stories of successful business people/entrepreneurs.
11. What is your must have accessory?
All of them! I love love love accessories. I love a simple outfit and just adding that pow by using the perfect accessory.
11 Random Facts About Me…
1. I grew up in Brisbane.
2. I play the flute and piano mainly but can also play piccolo, oboe and saxophone.
3. My left foot is wider but smaller than my right foot.
4. I used to speak Mandarin fluently.
5. I love cats but have a dog (White Minature Poodle – Saffron) and am learning to love them too.
6. I have a fear of falling as I have no reflexes.
7. I love pretty things in pastels with sparkles.
8. I married my godbrother – my godparents son (don’t worry no blood relation)
9. I love the excitement, prettiness and glamour of weddings.
10. I love travelling and so far most love Oxford, Winchester, Barcelona and Rome
11. I want to learn Italian and Spanish.
My nominations and questions…
1. What is the main inspiration for your blog?
2. White or black?
3. What is your favourite place to blog?
4. Pants or skirts?
5. What is your favourite thing to cook?
6. Lipstick or Mascara?
7. Wine, Spirits or Beer?
8. What does your ideal day look like?
9. Do you have a pet or pets?
10. Beaches or Snow?
11. What’s the best thing you grow in your garden?